Tuesday, February 12, 2013

{DIY}: LOVE hand and footprints


I know it's just 2 days before Valentine's Day, but I have a cute, simple, and inexpensive craft for you!  It would be the perfect Valentine’s Day present for your children’s’ grandparents.



I started with a 1”x8” board that was about 24 inches long. Be sure to sand the rough edges so your littles won't 
end up with splinters!


I gave it two quick coats of paint in Cherry Cobbler.


In order to figure out the spacing for the hand and footprints, I traced the “L” (Pharmacy font size 515) and the “e” (Pharmacy font size 492) onto my board with a ball-point pen.  I simply traced over the letters that I had printed out on my computer, which made a little indention on the board.

Next, using white paint, I painted my little guy’s hand and pressed it on the board to form the “o” and my little baby girl’s feet to form the “v”.  After their hand and footprints were complete, I simply filled in the “L” and “e” with the same white acrylic paint using a small paint brush.


I love having this on my mantel of the great and wonderful blessings that the Lord has given our little family!




10 comments:

  1. Doing this right now with my niece to giveto my sister for Valentine's Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made one similar a few days back, thanks for the inspiration!
    http://airforcefamilyadventures.blogspot.com/2013/03/diy-love-sign.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just did this as for wall art for our living room! I love it! Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea and am making one with our newborn daughter's hand and footprints:) A good idea too as gifts for grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, thanks for the idea... i did one with my kids - christma´s present for their father

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I'm watching my 5 month old nephew for a day later this week. He and I are going to make this for his parents as and Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anyone else worried about acrylic and lead poisoning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The paint is only on their hands/feet for a short period of time...but if you have a concern, you could always use temperate paint or kid's washable paint. :)

      Delete

I love your comments and I try to reply back to each one. Please take a minute to check your settings to see if you're a "no reply" blogger. Need help? Click here:
http://517creations.blogspot.com/2011/08/noreply-commentbloggercom.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...